One of the best things about a career in barbering or cosmetology is the freedom it gives you to build your business and income in the process. This freedom goes for employees as well as chair renters and barbershop/salon owners. The bigger you build your client base the higher your weekly earnings will be.
In this blog I would like to focus on employees of barbershops and hair salons. Wether you realize it or not you have a lot of freedom to build your clientele. It is not just up to your employer to put people in your chair. There are a number of things you can do to increase your book or the amount of people requesting your services:
1. Ask for referrals. When your customers are happy with their cut ask them to tell their friends about you. This is the simplest way to increase your customer base.
2. Always have business cards on you wherever you go. Don’t be afraid to tell people what you do. Hand them out at the grocery store, mall, restaurants, ect. Remember, everyone wants to look good.
3. If it is OK with your employer offer current clients 50% of their next haircut if they bring a friend with them. Give their friend the same discount.
4. Keep your skills up to date by continuing your barber education. Find a local barber school or quality online barber videos that offer continuing education.
5. Dress professional and keep your work area clean at all times. Customers will notice the pride you take in your work and yourself.
There are so many things you can do to build your book and requests. These are just a few ideas to get you headed in the right direction. Be creative and have fun. This is your career and your future.
Please visit http://www.mastersofbarbering.com for the very best in online barber education.