The best wayto learn how to cut men’s hair is by cutting men’s hair. This may sound over simplified but it really is that simple. The more men’s haircuts you do the better at men’s haircutting you will become.
Now that we have that out of the way here are some tips to to get more practice and to increase the quality of your practice.
- Make sure you are learning the proper way. Go to a reputable school with qualified teachers.
- If you are going to try and pick up some tips from fellow students, make sure they are giving good haircuts. Don’t just watch them because they tell you they know what they are doing.
- When you are in school working on the clinic floor grab haircuts you are not comfortable with. The only way to get good at these haircuts is by practicing them. It does no good to cut fade after fade if you are already are good at them.
- Offer friends and their friends’ free haircuts. Keep doing it until you are comfortable with these haircuts. Giving a free haircut takes the pressure off and will lead to valuable paying customers in the future.
- Get a mentor. Learn from the best. Find a barber in your area or someone online who is teaching the quality of haircuts that you would like to give and learn their techniques. Practice,
practice, practice their techniques.
I can still hear my high school football coach screaming at us “You play like you practice.” This is so true. How you perform when you practice is exactly how you will perform in the real world.
Please visit http://www.mastersofbarbering.com/ to learn how to cut men’s hair with high quality online barber videos.